2. Purposes and Legal Basis for the Processing of your Personal Information
We process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to a request from you submitted through the Contact Us page of this website.
- As required by Us to conduct Our business and pursue Our legitimate interests, in particular:
- We will use your Personal Information to respond to any comments or complaints you send Us;
- We monitor use of the website, and use your Personal Information to help Us to track and analyse preferences and trends, evaluate possible new features, functionality and services, and improve Our website.
- We use Personal Information to help Us recognise you on the website, improve your experience, increase security of Our networks and systems, and measure use and effectiveness of Our website.
- We use Personal Information you provide to investigate complaints received from you or from others, about the website or Our products and services. We also use this Personal Information to track potential issues (for example, issues with this website) and trends to better serve you;
- We use Personal Information to make decisions about, and to effect, reorganisations or sales of all or part of Our business; and
- We use Personal Information in connection with legal claims (for example, relating to denial of an insurance claim), compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (for example, theft and fraud investigations) as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- Where you give Us consent:
- We place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with Our
Cookies Notice and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- On other occasions where We ask you for consent, We will use the data for the purpose which We explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- Responding to complaints where We are under a legal or regulatory obligation to adhere to a complaints handling procedure; and
- Fraud prevention purposes and other legal obligations, including to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Wherever We rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent free of charge. Where you have given Us your consent, you can withdraw it by using the mechanism described to you at the time that your consent was obtained, or by contacting
3. Disclosure of the Personal Information
3.1 Disclosure to Our Affiliates
We may share your Personal Information with Our parent company, Assurant, Inc. and
affiliates to respond to your question or enquiry.
3.2 Disclosure to Our Service Providers
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service (for example, customer support, application or database hosting, development, logistics, analytics). These third parties have limited access to your Personal Information to perform these tasks on Our behalf and are obligated to Us. The personnel of such third parties who use your Personal Information is limited to those individuals which are authorised to do so on a need-to-know basis and as necessary to provide these business services to Us. We do not authorise such third parties to disclose or use this Personal Information for other purposes.
3.3 Disclosure to Public Authorities
We disclose your Personal Information if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of Our legitimate interests in compliance with Applicable Law.
3.4 Other Categories of Recipients
We may also disclose your Personal Information, in the context of the sale of part or all of Our business, an acquisition or where required by law, such as in the context of litigation or to comply with a court order.
4. Third Party Links
5. Where your Data is Processed
In providing the Service, Personal Information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries where data protection and privacy regulations do not offer the same level of protection as the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and other parts of the world to respond to your enquiry.
Sharing Personal Information with Our affiliates involves transfers outside the EEA to the US.
Where Personal Information is transferred outside the EEA to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, it is adequately protected by European Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. To obtain a copy of the relevant transfer mechanism or additional information on the transfers, please address these requests to
6. Your Choices and Rights
You have the right to request access to, correction of, and deletion of your Personal Information, and to restrict the processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to request the restriction of Our use of your Personal Data, as well as request a structured commonly-used and machine-readable copy of Personal Information that you have provided to Us for a contract or with your consent, or to ask Us to transmit (port) this Personal Information to another controller.
You may also object to Our processing of Personal Information in certain circumstances (in particular, where We do not need to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where We are using the data for direct marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of your rights by contacting Us
<< >>. In order to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorised access, We may ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your Personal Information.
In certain situations, and subject to Applicable Law, We may not be able or obliged to comply with part or all of your individual requests. For example, We may not comply with an access request if doing so would reveal Personal Data about another person. Also, We will not comply with a deletion request relating to information which We are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Please note that We have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example, due to their repetitive character).
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority (‘supervisory authority’) where you live, work or where you believe a breach to have occurred.
Provision of your information is optional, but it may impact Our ability to provide the Service to you. For example, if you do not provide your personal information when you send us an enquiry via Our Contact Us page, We may not be able to respond to your request in a timely manner.
7. Communications from Us
We communicate with you through email. We will send you responses to your enquiries.
8. Data Retention
We retain Personal Information you provide as needed to provide the Service. We may retain your Personal Information if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Notice and Our
. We may retain Personal Information for a limited period of time if requested by law enforcement. Our customer support may retain information for as long as is necessary to
provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only, but We generally delete or de-personalise transaction-related data consistent with this Notice. Once Personal
Information is anonymised, We may retain and use such information. Additionally, We maintain logs and backups for security, debugging, and site stability purposes for up to 30
9. Information Security
We have implemented safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information in accordance with industry standards.
We have measures in place to restrict access to Personal Information to those individuals whom We know have a valid business purpose to have access to such information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We follow generally accepted standards designed to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. We require those who provide services for Us and to whom We provide Personal Information collected through the Service to keep such information secure and confidential. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is totally secure. Therefore, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Important Information
10.1 Minimum age
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Service.
10.2 Changes to this Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time. If We make any material changes to Our Notice, We will notify you by means of a notice through the Service, or by other means prior to the change becoming effective, so that you may review the changes before you continue to use the Service. Please review changes carefully.
10.3 Contact Us
We welcome your questions or comments regarding this Notice. Please write to Lifestyle Services Group Limited, Data Protection Officer,
Emerald Buildings, Westmere Drive, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 6UN, United Kingdom, or send Us an email email@example.com. You may also
write to Us at Assurant Privacy Office, Post Office Box 979047, Miami, FL 33197-9047, USA.